- Hits: 1610
The Grand TRF Academic Exhibition
9 Inspirations….Toward Research Work
Research to Follow His Majesty the King’s Footsteps: Creation of Knowledge to Support the Development of the Country on the occasion of His Majesty the King 7th Cycle Birthday Anniversary
5th December 2011
The Thailand Research Fund (TRF) is an agency under the supervision of the Office of the Prime Minister. It was established according to the Research Endowment Act B.E. 2535 (1992) with an objective to provide support for the creation of knowledge at both the local and national levels. TRF has utilized research as a mechanism to create a knowledge base to solve social problems from its establishment to the present. It has also supported the research in accordance with the Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy by placing emphasis on rationality and the use of wisdom in solving the problems and developing the country to respond to numerous and valuable initiatives of His Majesty the King. Accordingly, on the occasion of His Majesty the King 7th Cycle Birthday Anniversary 5th December 2011, TRF has organized “The Grand TRF Academic Exhibition. Research to Follow His Majesty the King’s Footsteps: Creation of Knowledge to Support the Development of the Country on the occasion of His Majesty the King 7th Cycle Birthday Anniversary 5th December 2011.
1. To honor His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej on the occasion of His Majesty the King 7th Cycle Birthday Anniversary 5th December 2011.
2. To present research works supported by TRF in line with His Majesty’s speeches and/or statements.
3. To inform the public of the progress of Thailand’s research works.
The exhibition is comprised of:
1. Exhibition of research works that followed His Majesty’s footsteps. 9 Inspirations….Toward Research Work.
2. Academic conferences.
3. Central entertainment activities zone “Amusement Space for Creating Knowledge”.
4. Research products shopping zone.
Exhibition of research works that followed His Majesty’s footsteps.
The Thailand Research Fund (TRF) adopts His Majesty’s addresses and guidance as the screening concept and guideline when selecting research projects or projects undertaken by various TRF divisions in its nine zones, which are showcased under the theme “Progressing into the Future World with Knowledge.”
- The genius and inventiveness of His Majesty in developing technologies which contribute to the happiness of Thai people, and His Majesty’s great artistry in music, fine and applied arts, painting, sculpture and poetry.
- Hall of Fame research projects that received outstanding, valuable TRF research awards in the area of IP commercialization, dissemination of information on TRF patents and intellectual properties turned into practical uses.
- The development timeline introduces TRF in respect of the conduct of research studies which related to different perspectives of changing contexts and situations in Thai society and also describes results and impacts from its operation.
“Progressing towards the future with values”
Knowledge and advances in the field of agricultural research which constitute a vital foundation for vocations and sustainability of farmers as well as the country’s competitiveness. Nine topics relating to plants and land and aquatic animals include rice, capsicum, legumes, oil palm, out of season fruits, native chicken, native cattle, soft-shell blue crab and Eri silk.
Research for area development under sufficiency economy approach (ABC) zone
“Progressing with social wisdom”
The contents describe the concept of area development research and various development dimensions, and depict concrete development-oriented research works in each of the 33 provinces.
Children, youth and education zone
“Progressing towards learning in the new century”
Approaches for skill development of children and youth and learning management schemes in the school system and the non-formal education system are presented via presentation contents and stage activities.
Anthropology and history zone
“Looking back in history”
The relationship between Thailand and neighboring countries is presented through multi-dimensional perspectives – archaeology, history, faith and culture, and through electronic data search.
Global changes zone
“Progressing with awareness of changes”
Bodies of knowledge and patterns compiled from research studies on global changes are described under four main themes – ASEAN inception, global climate changes, food security and aging society. Prediction on future events and impacts on Thai people, communities and the society for which we must be prepared.
Natural resources zone
Natural resource management approaches applied to various ecological landscapes which are based on knowledge bases attained from research studies – land management/subsistence land management, water management/community water management, managing conflicts arising from water crisis, forest management/marine resource conservation management, coastal erosion and biodiversity.
Politics and governance zone
“Leading with Good Governance”
Three main themes concerning the predicaments of Thai politics and governance which adversely affect the country’s development – corruption issues, unfair treatment and concentration of political and governmental powers – are depicted along the presentation of facts, underlying factors and resolutions.
Human resource development zone
“Progressing with People Development”
Human resource development in terms of producing and developing researchers at all levels, ranging from young researchers, local researchers to senior researchers, for the country.
Science and technology zone
“Advances leading to development”
Bodies of knowledge and innovation of the following four areas:
- Medical science
- Agricultural science
- Industrial technology
- Information technology
Central Entertainment Activities “Amusement Space for Creating Knowledge”
Research products shopping zone.
Stores selling products from research works: see, taste and shop more than 200 products from research, innovative products developed by researchers and TRF network entrepreneurs. Also available are useful ideas aimed at expanding community enterprises towards industrial-scale businesses. Various products are displayed, demonstrated and sold in five zones – Innovative House, Farmer Shop and Happy Market, Creative Businesses: From Local to International, New Generation Farmers, and From Research to Products.
- Those interested in further commercialization of research results may engage in all formats of business negotiation without any gap between “you and us”.
- Learn research works by solving research problems together through questions and answers in an activity called “Passport Game” and get a chance to win gifts and prizes.
- Visit TRF bookstore which showcases a collection of bodies of knowledge, great ideas and experiences derived from the conduct of various TRF-funded research projects. To disseminate these, TRF published quasi-academic books which are available for sale at 20-50% discount.
Any school or educational institution desiring to organize a group visit may complete registration by Friday, 8 June 2012.
Additional info: http://www.trf.or.th/trfexpo2012